Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Boom Goes the Dynamite

I was asked to start this blog and so I guess I'll finally start it. The three troubles are that A) I haven't really anything to say and when I haven't anything to say and yet feel I need to say something I tend to ramble and digress and wander off on many different tangents, only rarely finding my way back to the original center. B) When I do have something to say I often hold back for varying reasons. C) Not having anything to say about the tribulations and exaltations of living for Christ-about the daily attempts to simply come to terms with what the relationship demands and about the weeks-long stretches were we get so busy that we simply and slowly shut ourselves off and shut ourselves in and twist down bitterly and angerly upon ourselves without lifting our head up to try to figure out why things suddenly suck so much until we are inevitably, unfailingly broken out of it by some incredibly small and otherwise trivial moment or memory or thought and reminded that there's a reason the Lord demands that we offer ourselves in whole to Him - not having anything to say about it seems like death.

The fourth trouble is that's fairly late.

Whether it's Thursdays, Sundays, or on a blog EPIC still seems to constantly teeter on the dangerous ridge that connects being a Christian fellowship and being a social group. I feel that we aren't firmly standing on either side. I took the position of "Secretary" and have done a rather poor job of it these past two months. I will bump it up a notch. If you shouldered any responsibilities please try to move forward with them as well.

The fifth trouble is that this is the end, and at the end of this I still haven't said anything worthwhile; no personal trials, no theological thoughts, no honest attempts at growth. Those things seem to be the idea behind this blog and this group. But I am spent and will wait to post again...hopefully after someone else hops on.

'Til Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment